Expanded Coverage for WomenI do not even have any females on my policy. And yet I have to pay for this coverage. I do not get "well man visits".
Effective January 1, 2013 your policy will include expanded preventive coverage for women, as required by the Affordable Care Act, also known as federal health care reform, Your policy will have new or expanded coverage for the following services, drugs and supplies for women, which will be paid at 100% of the allowable charge when you visit a participating provider:
• Well woman visits.
• Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling, including one breast pump per pregnancy purchased from a participating medical provider.
• Prescription contraceptives (birth control) and counseling for women. Your prescription drug formulary determines which specific drugs are covered under your plan. To get 100% coverage for a covered prescription contraceptive, it must be a generic drug or a brand-name drug that doesn't have a generic equivalent, and it must be obtained from a participating pharmacy. A cost-share (such as a copay, coinsurance or deductible) may apply for other prescription contraceptives, based on your plan's drug benefits.
• Permanent surgical contraception for women.
• Screening and counseling for sexually transmitted infections.
• Screening and counseling for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
• Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence.
• Screening for gestational diabetes.
• Testing for Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
Is this why Barack Obama was re-elected?
Note that the pills, services, and counseling have to be free, with no co-pay or deductible. That is because the Sandra Flukes of the USA do not want the government or the Catholics or someone else to pay, so they do not have to pay a dime. It is also so that teenaged girls can get pills and STD treatments without their parents finding out.